We recognise the importance of protecting the privacy of information collected about visitors to our Website, in particular information that is capable of identifying an individual (“personal information”).
Personal information about visitors to our site is collected only when voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services, communicate with you, or serve you marketing materials in which you have opted in to receive. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia.
Collection of personal information
ZOOLOGIC will from time to time, receive and store personal information you provide to us in a variety of ways, including when you interact with us electronically, via phone, or in person, or when you access our Website. You may provide basic information such as your name, phone number, email address, business information, and any other personal information and preferences in which you provide us, which enables us to send information, provide updates and marketing communications, and to work with you. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the rights to disclose any business information in which you provide to us.
Use of personal information
ZOOLOGIC may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our Website and/or services, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail, or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act and the Privacy Act. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided (e.g. an unsubscribe or opt out facility);
- to provide you with any other information, updates and our services that we think you may find interesting; and
Access to personal information
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us via the details provided below. We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
Disclosure of personal information outside Australia
We may disclose personal information outside of Australia to third party suppliers or service providers located in the United States or other countries. When you provide your personal information to us, you consent to the disclosure of your information outside of Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with Australian Privacy Law.
- IP Addresses: Our web servers and other third party platforms gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services, as well as for marketing purposes.
- Cookies: We and third parties use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie), third-party cookies (such as Google advertising cookies), first-party identifiers, and third-party identifiers to provide you with a better brand experience. Cookies may be used to serve relevant ads to Website visitors through third party services such as Google AdWords and Facebook. These ads may appear on other websites you visit.
We use Google Analytics including Google Analytics Advertising Features for the purposes of marketing and analytics. You can choose to opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means.
We may also disclose your personal information to trusted third parties who also hold other information about you. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and us to develop anonymised consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience, enhance the products and services that you receive, and to identify aggregated similarities between all users for marketing purposes.
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our Website. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure, however we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may provide to us. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. We will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Links to other websites
Problems or questions
The Director, ZOOLOGIC Pty Ltd
Suite 1, Ground Floor, Enterprise 1, Innovation Campus
Squires Way North Wollongong NSW 2500 Australia
+61 2 4258 3495
Effective: 12 February 2018